Tuesday 29 March 2011

Ribbon Spool Box Tutorial



Jill and Kelly make custom party favors and decorations, mostly out of paper.  They are beginning to add upcycled gifts and home decor items to their shop.  Jill loves to Mod Podge everything and often decorate old containers, boxes, tins, etc.  Jill also has a degree in interior design and she also upcycles old furniture and sells it locally.
They were kind enough to share a tutorial with us on making the cutest boxes out of your empty ribbon spools.  But before you download the tutorial, visit their Etsy Store where you can purchase your own and see all of the great things they make too!  
Here's a link to their store where they have so many wonderful items!
 Here's where you can download the tutorial:



Visit my website and my Facebook Page for more "green" crafty ideas too.
Thanks!  Monica

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [30 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Chelsea said...

Great post. Love this!

Lesley said...

I would love to see this tutorial but I can't open the document. What was it created with? Perhaps a conversion to a PDF might be more helpful. Thanks, it looks nice.

Unknown said...

Lesley,
When you click on the link to see the tutorial it will send you to FileSwap. When you download it, it will save it to a Word doc for you. That is how the creator of the tutorial wanted it shared, but I do have my copy of the tutorial in Word if you want me to email it to you. You can email me at

giddy greetings at yahoo dot com

:)
Thanks!
Monica

Sue said...

This looks great! I made some quite a while back now, but not as pretty as this one..

Links are on my old blog...

http://stampindesigns.typepad.com/blog/2010/01/what-to-do-with-empty-su-ribbon-spools.html

and...

http://stampindesigns.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/different-type-of-concertina-1.html

if anyone would like a peek.

Website hosting said...

The host of the swap posted a link for the tutorial. I made the first one thinking of a cheery springy feel, but when I got to the part on figuring out how I wanted it to close, (not liking the option in the tut) I kinda messed that part up. Seeing as I didn't plan the making of this thing, with it coming about as I went along, the way I added the ribbon wasn't exactly the way I wanted it to close...hence the observation in the second and third pic.