Thursday 6 November 2008

Nestability Christmas Tree card

I am so dreadfully in love with my Nestability dies atm!! I'm really enjoying playing around with them and seeing what I can create with them!!


To create you will need –
Nestabilities scalloped ovals set
Card
Brown ribbon
Sanding block (only if using coredinations card)
Clear Kindy Glitz
Ink pad in co-ordinating colour
To begin –

1. Begin by cutting out the size card you would like – I cut mine from a piece of Coredinations card and then sanded the edges to give a subtle blue edge to my card.



2. Next, use your nestability Oval scalloped die to cut out 4 ovals. Run each through an embossing pocket – I used a cuttlebug Xmas Snowflakes one!!



3. Once embossed, rub a white ink pad over the top of the raised section of each scalloped oval then a co-ordinating ink pad over the edges.



4. Adhere each of the oval over each other, ensuring a ¼ inch offset.

5. Finally, ensuring your oval set is laid in front of you in portrait style, mark the centre top of the bundle. This will be your cutting point for the 2 cuts you will make. Next, mark 2 radiating lines from this point, you should end up with an upside down cone shape and cut. Turn around and your tree is complete.

6. It’s now up to you to complete your card. I chose to create a special effects background using inks and a straw but it’s up to you what you would prefer. I then drew a rough white line around the background square, adhered the tree with a strip of ribbon as my trunk and a small ribbon bow for decoration!!

7. The background has been created by dropping small drops of Ranger Distress inks onto gloss card and blowing through a straw to make it spread. I started with a linen coloured ink then used a blue and finally dripped droplets of silver alcohol metallic mix onto the surface. The cool part was when the metallic mixative went on as it reacted to the water based inks and created a really cool effect I really hadn't anticipated!!

Sharon

2 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

GORGEOUS! I'm working on a Christmas card roundup and I'll be linking to this.

Julie Allain said...

Oh what a clever idea I love this Sharon!!